Dealing with issues relating to aging can be very complex. We work with families to try to protect what they have accumulated from unnecessary loss. Effectively dealing with Elder Law issues involves resolving issues related to real estate, income, estate, and gift taxation, as well as trust, estate, insurance and Medicaid laws and regulations.
In addition to explaining and advising regarding the role that wills, powers of attorney, living wills, revocable trusts and irrevocable trusts, play in the process we can provide you with assistance with nursing home asset protection planning, Medicaid planning, the nursing home application process and the Medicaid application process.
We have decades of experience in dealing with the legal, practical and difficult questions and concerns facing clients who are dealing with the complications of aging. Whether it is considering the best way to pass assets to the next generation, protect themselves or protecting a spouse we are there with experience advice and counsel to protect your interests.
Our Estate Planning and Elder Law team helps our clients implement plans ranging from very simple to complex with advice and documents appropriate for their particular planning needs, including:
- Revocable Living Trusts
- Irrevocable Trusts, including Grantor Trusts and GRATS
- Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts
- Qualified Personal Residence Trusts
- Dynasty trusts and asset protection planning through trusts
- Elder law planning
- Multi-Generation Trusts
- Special Needs Trusts for disabled children or adults
- Charitable Remainder Trusts
- Living Wills and Powers of Attorney
- Advanced medical directives
- Assistance in application process for nursing care facility
- Review of Medicaid application
- Assistance in completing Medicaid application
- Attendance of Medicaid application hearings
- Maximizing long-term Care insurance
In most instances the fees for these services are charged on a flat fee and not hourly basis.
For more information and assistance in this area please call 614.389.9711.